Eco Farm Stay Bed & Breakfast
As part of our overall Environmental Management System management of Lough Bishop House have developed an environmental policy. Our aim is to ensure that visitors get the opportunity to enjoy the natural environment. We do all that is practically possible to ensure energy, water and the natural environment is managed carefully, and that waste is minimised and recycled where possible. We support the local economy and community by purchasing locally grown food, getting supplies locally and employing local staff.
We are members of the Green Hospitality Programme which provides environmental certification and have been awarded an Eco-Label.
We are also TripAdvisor Green Leaders – Silver 2014
We aim to:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle waste wherever practical
- Prevent and minimise pollution
- Use all resources efficiently
- Increase our use of recycled materials and materials from renewable sources
- Pass on the benefits of improved environmental practice to our staff and guests
As guests you have been asked to help us improve our environmental performance by:-
- Keeping windows closed if the heating is on
- Turning off lights when they are not required
- Saving water by not using running water while brushing teeth and shaving, and to report any leaks
- Requesting when towels are to be changed
- Separating waste into the bins provided
Specifically we are:-
- Conserving energy and water
- Reducing waste through, re-using and recycling
- Monitoring and reducing our reliance on non-renewable resources
- Monitoring and reducing our use of cleaning products, and where possible replacing them with environmentally safe products
- Educating, training and motivating our staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner and to participate in developing new ideas and initiatives
- Communicating with our guests and providing information about local landscape, biodiversity and nature conservation measures in our area.
As proprietors we have provided you with information about:-
- The local environment
- Modes of local transport
- Our commitment to the environment through our policy and the measures we are implementing
Lough Bishop House
T: +353 (0) 44 9661313
©2018 All Rights Reserved.